Applying the skills learned in my Aroma Acupoint Therapy Course, I incorporate Snow Lotus essential oils in many of my treatments. Each oil has a particular signature or movement within the body: it can harmonize qi, invigorate qi, settle qi, open the mind, calm the mind, or perhaps even ground the soul. Using oils on specific acupuncture points enhances and deepens the quality of treatments.
Patients who are particularly sensitive to needles can choose to use oils instead of needles and receive a custom treatment, through the gentle means of essential oils.
Snow Lotus essential oils are fully bioactive, artisan-quality oils, sourced directly from artisan growers and distillers. This is not part of a MLM scheme. These oils are produced by traditional steam distillation that aims to produce an oil of maximum beauty and healing potential combined. These are the highest quality, best sourced oils you can find, with no adulterations. Your body simply deserves the best. Learn more here.
Want to Learn More?
The first of two volumes, this comprehensive text builds an important foundation for essential oil therapy and includes profiles of the 30 most important essential oils used in practice.
Taking a truly holistic approach, this detailed database compares different approaches to essential oil therapeutics. Skillfully blending the evidence of scientific research with that of clinical practice, the book builds a comprehensive therapeutic profile of each oil. Based on the different administration methods used and the absorption pathways activated, the extensive Materia Medica section differentiates the psychological, physiological and topical uses of these essential oils.
Learn more about Peter Holmes, L.Ac. HERE
How to use Essential Oils for Self-Care
- Unwind. Breathe in this complex and enigmatic essential oil to bring a sense of calm if you are feeling anxious. Geranium will help stress and depression melt away, bringing you to a place of happiness and peace. It is one of our best hormone balancers for women and blends beautifully with Bergamot & Lavender. Geranium helps reduce sugar cravings when applied daily along the SP channel, along the arch of your foot. This supports your Earth element and bring you back to yourself!
- Clarify. The powerful scent of Rosemary stimulates your confidence and concentration. It is wonderful to combat mental fatigue, nervous disorders, exhaustion and burnout. Rosemary clears the mind and emotions. It’s mind sharpening properties are wonderful for concentration and focus. Apply this to your temples, your occiput, or even your 'third eye' to help awaken your senses!
- Ease. The embodiment of self-love & self-worth. This oil helps process and release the fear of not being good enough, emotional pain, restraining habits and opens you up to love and self-acceptance. Bergamot teaches acceptance of your uniqueness, self approval, joy, and resulting self-confidence. We all need a bit more bergamot in our lives. Apply a small drop to you finger and place at the ear point, called 'Shen Men', located in the triangular fossa of each ear. Feel your self sink into being, breathing more naturally and simply feeling at ease.
- Nourish. This royal oil can be used daily to feel calm and inline with your spirit. Apply it (in carrier oil) to your wrists or forehead, depending on how you feel that day. Use during meditation or yoga, or for a moment of meditation anywhere. Frankincense is such an excellent oil for brain function and immune boosting, two things that are definitely part of self care. This helps awaken the heart, move blood through the vessels and open the spirit to what is at hand. use this when needing inspiration and connection.
- Uplift. Helpful with stress and anxiety. It’s lovely uplifting scent is useful for depression or when trying to cope with anger. It’s great in blends intended to focus upon happiness & gratitude. Ylang Ylang is also considered an aphrodisiac.
- Calm. Lavender essential oil can also help ease feelings of tension. Apply a dab to your wrist creases, or occiput. Place a drop on a cotton ball and put it under your pillow at night. Massage your feet before bed with a touch of lavender to help soothe you into a relaxing sleep. It can also promote relaxation and feelings of ease during your waking hours. Whether you diffuse Lavender oil, or take it internally, this oil can be used at the end of a long, taxing day. Its light, floral scent will make you feel at ease and peaceful emotionally.